Reach Out Research is a new initiative which aims to connect students working on their MSc dissertation thesis with third sector organisations looking for high quality research.
Applying for a Reach Out Research opportunity
- Complete a Reach Out Research expression of interest form. This grants your CareerHub account permission to view the opportunities on this site. You only need to do this once.
- View the current research projects proposed by third sector organisations or browse by category to the left.
- Discuss any projects of interest to you with your dissertation advisor (or a relevant academic faculty member).
- Submit your dissertation proposal, describing how you would go about meeting the research needs of the organisation concerned. You should submit this before the end of March ideally.
- The organisation(s) you apply to should respond to you before the end of Lent Term.
Proviso: Please note that Reach Out Research is one option you have for finding a research project for your dissertation. However, there is no guarantee that it will lead to a suitable project, as it will be up to the organisations concerned to decide on the appropriateness of the different proposals they will receive. Please ensure you also consider other options during this stage of your dissertation planning. You may want to reflect on these different options by participating in one of the events offered by LSE LIFE.